Tax Planning Considerations for 2020
• < 1 min read
Get the latest in Research & Insights
Sign up to receive a weekly email summary of new articles posted to AMG Research & Insights.
"*" indicates required fields
The pandemic has been costly, and based on the results of the election, it is possible that many of the terms favorable to high earners and those with significant estates will sunset in 2025. There are strategies that you can implement now to lock in the current tax and estate planning regime, but time is running out to act.
In this informative webinar, AMG National Trust discussed implications of possible future tax changes such as:
- Restoration of pre-TCJA rates and brackets
- Restoration of the Pease limitation on itemized deductions
- Phasing out of qualified business income deductions
- Limit on tax benefit of charitable contributions to 28% of their value
- Elimination of “like-kind” or “1031” exchanges
- New payroll taxes on those making over $400,000, especially those earning over $1 million
- Imposition of capital gains tax on certain transfers of appreciated assets
- Prohibition of “valuation discounts” on interests in closely held businesses
This information is for general information use only. It is not tailored to any specific situation, is not intended to be investment, tax, financial, legal, or other advice and should not be relied on as such. AMG’s opinions are subject to change without notice, and this report may not be updated to reflect changes in opinion. Forecasts, estimates, and certain other information contained herein are based on proprietary research and should not be considered investment advice or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold any particular security, strategy, or investment product.