James Vaughn has served on the AMG Board of Directors since 2005 and brings a wealth of experience to the AMG leadership team from his 32-year career with Deloitte & Touche in Denver and New York City.
He served as managing partner of Deloitte’s Denver office and the key client service partner for many of the firm’s most significant financial services clients in Colorado, including investment management, insurance, and banking companies. Prior to being appointed managing partner, James worked as the office’s lead technical partner for accounting and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting matters.
In addition to his AMG Board of Directors role, James has served as an Independent Director and Audit Committee member for Invesco mutual funds, Oppenheimer mutual funds and Schroder mutual funds.
James has also given his time to numerous community organizations, including:
- University of South Dakota Foundation, Audit and Investment Committee Member
- Junior Achievement – Rocky Mountain Region, Board Member and Past Executive Committee Member
- Mile High United Way, Executive Committee Member
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Metro Denver, Past Board Member
- Boy Scouts of America – Denver Area Council, Past Board Member
- Colorado Business Committee for the Arts, Past Board Member
James has completed Executive Management Programs at Northwestern University and Columbia University and received his undergraduate degree from the University of South Dakota.