How the Foundation Works
Donor-advised funds managed by the AMG Charitable Gift Foundation allow individuals to make irrevocable charitable gifts to a fund, named at the discretion of the donor, from which the donor can recommend charitable distributions. Gifts to the foundation’s donor-advised funds provide an immediate tax deduction while a single large gift can translate into the flexibility to give throughout the course of future years. If you choose AMG Charitable Gift Foundation to manage your philanthropy, expect to:
- Suggest how your donations should be invested, choosing from among four options:
- Growth portfolio.
- Balanced portfolio.
- Fixed-income portfolio.
- Money-market account.
- Recommend gifts, made as frequently as you like, to the 501(c)(3) charitable organizations of your choice.
- Fund contributions to the foundation with most assets, including:
- Appreciated securities.
- Partnership interests.
- Privately traded stocks.
- Closely held stocks.
- Publicly traded stocks and bonds.
- Enjoy benefits that include:
- An immediate tax deduction for contributions to the foundation.
- Deducting contributions at fair-market value.
- Funding your contributions with appreciated securities, which allows you to forego recognizing capital gains tax on the appreciation.